From Southern Maryland Wiki @ somd.com
- Graduated Cum Laude from Virginia Tech in 1979
- Chairman of the Board of Chaney Enterprises.
- President of Board of Directors, Chaney Foundation
- Board of Directors for the National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA)
- Board of Directors for the Aggregates Foundation for Technology, Research, and Education (AFTRE)
- Board of Directors for the Mineral Information Institute (MII)
- Founder and director of Maryland Industries for Technical Education (MITE)
- Served as President and/or Chairman of the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)—Chesapeake Chapter, Maryland Ready Mix Concrete Association, and the Maryland Aggregates Association.