Jane Margaret O'Brien
Jump to navigation Jump to search
President, St. Mary's College of Maryland since 1996. Reportedly paid in excess of $400,000 annually, making her one of the highest paid state employees in Maryland. Married with two children.
- President, Hollins College (now Hollins University), 1991-96.
- Professor (chemistry), 1980-91, Associate Provost, 1988-89, and Dean of Faculty, 1989-91, Middlebury College.
- Vassar College, B.S. (biochemistry), 1975.
- University of Delaware, Ph.D. (chemistry), 1981.
- Eisenhower Fellow, Hungary and Malaysia, 1999.
- Fellow, Kellogg Foundation.
- Member, Sigma Xi and Phi Beta Kappa honor societies.
- Board of Visitors, St. Mary's College of Maryland, 1996-.
- Member, Task Force on Affiliation between Historic St. Mary's City Commission and St. Mary's College of Maryland, 1996;
- Maryland Commission for Celebration 2000, 1997-2001;
- Committee on Building Public Trust in the Justice System, 1998-99.
- Segmental Advisory Council, Maryland Higher Education Commission, 2002-.
- Member, Advisory Board, Center for the Study of Democracy, St. Mary's College of Maryland, 2002-.
- State Planning Committee for Higher Education, 2004.
- Maryland Citizens for the Arts.
- Maryland Citizens for the Arts Foundation.
- NCAA Division III President's Council.
- National Outdoor Leadership School.
- Southern Maryland Navy Alliance.
- Sotterly Foundation.