Joseph F. Shannon, Jr.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Currently director of the Customer Advocate Office at NSWC Indian Head, Shannon has served 24 years in government and 17 years in the private sector.
- Received his bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and attended the Naval War College off-campus graduate program.
- College of Southern Maryland Trustee since 1997. Served as chair from 2003 to 2007 and as vice-chair from 2002 to 2003. Term expires July 2009. Not eligible for new term.
- Past president of the Charles County Chamber of Commerce.
- For five years he served as a member of the Maryland Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
- A founding member of the Indian Head Defense Alliance, he has served as president of the Indian Head chapter of the National Defense Industrial Association for 13 years.
- He was on the Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland Regional Strategy Committee, 1997-98.
- He was the Chief Operating Officer at Applied Ordnance Technology, a government contractor supporting the DOD technology base in engineering and science, information technology, environmental sciences, logistics and acquisition.
- Served as vice president for marketing at Bolton & Associates, a civil engineering, land planning and surveying firm.
- Awarded the Trustee Leadership Award for the Northeast region of the Association of Community College Trustees for his work as a CSM trustee. He was recognized at the annual congress, Oct. 29-Nov. 1, 2008 in New York City by the ACCT Board of Directors.