Ms. Kullen has been a member of the Maryland House of Delegates since August 4, 2004. She represents Legislative District 27B which encompasses part of Calvert County, Maryland. She is a member of the Democratic party. She was born in Verona, Italy, May 18, 1960.
- Chief Deputy Majority Whip, 2007-.
- Member, Health and Government Operations Committee, 2004- (health occupations subcommittee, 2005; long-term care subcommittee, 2005; minority health disparities subcommittee, 2005-; pharmaceuticals subcommittee, 2005-06; insurance subcommittee, 2007-).
- Member, Joint Committee on Access to Mental Health Services, 2005-.
- Member, Joint Committee on Health Care Delivery and Financing, 2007-.
- Member, Agricultural Stewardship Commission, 2005-06.
- Vice-Chair, Southern Maryland Delegation, 2006-.
- Chair, Calvert County Delegation, 2007-.
- Member, Maryland Educators Caucus, 2005-.
- Member, Maryland Green Caucus, 2005-.
- Member, Maryland Labor Caucus, 2005-.
- Member, Maryland Rural Caucus, 2005-.
- Member, Maryland Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus, 2005-.
- Member, Maryland Veterans Caucus, 2005-.
- President-elect, Women Legislators of Maryland, 2008- (member, 2005-; executive board, 2006-; 2nd vice-president, 2007-08).
- Member and Vice-Chair, Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council, 1993-2003.
- Executive Board, Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland, 2004-.
- Member, Steering Committee, Juvenile Drug Court, Calvert County, 2005.
- Member, Governor's Wellmobile Program Advisory Board, 2006-.
- Member, Working Waterfront Commission, 2007-.
- Attended Messiah College, Pennsylvania
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania, B.S. (education), 1981
- University of Maryland University College, M.A. (administration), 1994
- Court mediation training, National Institute of Conflict Resolution
- Manager, then director, Arc of Southern Maryland, 1983-95
- Member, Maryland Community Residential Services Coalition, 1986-96 (chair, 1992-96)
- Board of Directors, Governor's Run Community Association, 1994-
- Delegate, Democratic Party National Convention, 2008
- Member, Arts Council of Calvert County
- Member, Calvert Marine Museum
- Member, Calvert Alliance Against Substance Abuse
- Member, Calvert County League of Women Voters
- Member, Calvert County Chamber of Commerce
- Member, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Member, American Association of University Women
- Member, Women's National Democratic Club
- Member, Patuxent Riverkeepers
- Member, American Chestnut Land Trust